|Guidelines for submission
- The scientific committee highly encourages the submission of original scientific material.
- Abstracts that have been presented at a foreign congress during the last year, can be submitted again.
- Abstracts that have been published in a journal cannot be submitted here.
- Abstracts that have been submitted at an earlier congress of the Swiss Neurological Society cannot be be submitted here again.
- Abstract have to be submitted and presented in English
- Abstracts can be submitted as poster or oral communication.
- At least one author has to be registered for the congress.
|Structure of the abstract
If applicable, the abstract should consist of the following parts:
- Title (please do not use only capital letters; if your abstract contains a case report, please indicate in the title)
- The content of the abstract (limited to 2500 characters including spaces) should consist of the following parts:
- Authors (please include all authors in the correct order)
- Affiliations (please include the authors’complete affiliations by indicating the corresponding company/institutions, department, location and country)
- Acknowledgements or references can be added in the separate field below the abstract body/content.
- References should be indicated using the following format: author name, journal name, year of publication, volume, starting page, without manuscript title; e.g. (Smith AG. et al. J Fant 2002:79:567).
- Please note that figures, tables or graphs cannot be included.
Abstract Rating and Notification
The abstracts will be reviewed and rated by the scientific committee.
Acceptance for posters and oral communications will be communicated to the corresponding / submitting author beginning of July 2018.
Awards and Award Ceremony
The Swiss Society for Infectious Diseases (SSI) and the Swiss Academic Foundation for Education in Infectious Diseases (SAFE-ID) will award 2 prizes each in the amount of CHF 15’000.00 for outstanding scientific achievements in basic research and in clinical research in infectious diseases during the 2018 annual meeting.
- Best poster
- Best project (innovation/implementation)
- Best paper
Participants who submit an abstract in the categories "Best poster" and "Best project (innovation/implementation)" and would like to take part in the competitions have to be member of the SSHH or register at the same time as a member of the SSHH (registration as a member). Non-members of the SSHH are not eligible to participate in the competitions.
Further information can be found here.
The award ceremony will take place during the congress.
Should you require further help with your abstract submission or have any questions, please contact the IMK congress secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com